I’ve been trying to settle back into some sort of normal schedule post-Ragnar and it’s been a little tough. I haven’t been able to drag myself out of bed in the morning to run and all I want to do is sleep! I was a little bit worried that I was getting sick.
Brooks wanted to participate, so I told him to demonstrate my current state of existence.Thankfully Google was able to diagnose me. It appears that I might be suffering from ragnover.
My symptoms include:
- Sleepiness. The struggle. Is real.
- Confusion. I keep waking up in a panic, feeling very discombobulated and thinking that I am supposed to be somewhere running.
- Catawampus pains. My entire lower left side (think quads, hamstrings, glutes, calves, etc.) is so sore, but the right side is totally fine. I’m thinking this has something to do with running on the slanted shoulder of the road for 23 miles.
- Overwhelming desire to pass other runners and/or break out into a little dance while running when you do in fact drag yourself out there to get a run in. There is a little glimmer of hope with every passing car that your van is coming to support you!
- Misconception as to when baby wipes are actually an acceptable replacement for a shower.
Here are some things that are going to help me recover:
- Sleep (duh).
- Hydrate and refuel.
- I went to see Dr. Justin (my sports chiro) and he got me back in line (at least physically). I’ll have to see someone else for my mental alignment.
- Take it easy. Take a few days and just run nice and easy, or even take a day off if needed! I enjoyed a nice little run/walk with Rebecca and Savannah yesterday evening.
- Sign up for another race! Hood to Coast 2017?! Who’s with me? I’m just joking (kind of). I’m ready for the next one for realz though.
That’s about it for my recovery I do believe. I have successfully procrastinated the tempo run that I was supposed to do yesterday, which means that I will be doing that this evening (not super likely) or tomorrow morning (more likely).
Does anyone have exciting plans for the weekend?